Framing East 25th Street between Clarendon Road and Avenue D in Brooklyn’s Flatbush neighborhood, the East 25th Street Historic District is a remarkably cohesive and intact group of row houses built by a single developer, the Henry Meyer Building Company, in the Renaissance Revival style.
Monumental orphanage building designed by George H Streeton in the Renaissance Revival and Beaux-Arts styles for the Sisters of Mercy, the 1899 Angel Guardian Home symbolizes the importance of religious social services in the Progressive Era and is prominent within the neighborhood of Dyker Heights.
Capital Project Detail Data - Brooklyn - Fiscal Year 2020 January Capital Commitment Plan: Reports on implementation milestone schedules for capital construction projects. It includes dates for the completion of scope, design and construction, and reasons for delays in any such dates.
Designed by Renwick, Aspinwall and Tucker, the ASPCA's finest surviving structure in New York City and the horse drinking fountain in front of it constitute an elegant reminder of the early promotion of humane treatment of animals, and New York's central role in the national anti-cruelty movement.
Gowanus Canal Flushing Tunnel Pumping Station and Gate House was built in the early 20th century to house the mechanical systems needed to flush the Gowanus Canal , it represents one of the most important infrastructure projects in Brooklyn.
The Monumental BRT Central Power Station Engine House is a prominent reminder of the era when Gowanus Canal was a significant inland waterway and the Gowanus neighborhood was a major industrial center.
Somers Brothers Tinware Factory (later American Can Company) was once one of the largest decorated tinware manufacturing complexes in the United States, it remains one of Gowanus's most distinctive industrial buildings.
The Montauk Paint Manufacturing Company Building was built in 1908 as part of the growing industrial development surrounding the Gowanus Canal and remains one of the finest buildings in the neighborhood recalling this history.
The Bay Ridge Parkway - Doctors' Row Historic District is an intact block of row houses representative of Bay Ridge's development as a middle-class urban neighborhood in the early 20th century. The block has been and continues to be known for its large number of medical professionals.